Whether you’re just starting out or you’re an established blogger or business owner, you will always need a full gamut of different tools for entrepreneurs.
Whether you’re just starting out or you’re an established entrepreneur, blogger or business owner, you will always need a full gamut of different tools, tutorials, and resources with the latest bells and whistles.
It doesn’t matter if you’re building your email list, building a following on your favorite social media site, looking for high-quality images for your blog, or need some inspiration and motivation; everything is included in this post.
This is not just ordinary post like a lot ofc others; each category includes the latest, most advanced and easy to use tools and resources.
Most of them are free of cost, so don’t worry and start or establish your career without breaking a bank.
With all that in mind, grab a cup of coffee (or whatever you like) and enjoy!
“MUST SEE” TED Talks For Better Life And Career
It’s been more than 30 years when TED has hosted thousands of short speeches from most successful and educated people.
These speeches are mostly on motivation, inspiration, self-improvement, technology, and design.
You can watch over 2,000 presentations online since 2006. They have been watched over a billion times.
I’ve collected the best ones for you! Enjoy!
- Judson Brewer: “A Simple Way to Break a Habit” – Do you want to break a bad habit? This TED talk is for you.
- Matt Cutts: “Try Something New For 30 Days” – Is there something you’ve always wanted to do, but didn’t find a time?
- Victoria Labalme: “Risk Forward” – Don’t sure what you want from life? This talk is for you!
- Tony Robbins – “Why we do what we do” – How we form our habits.
- Amanda Palmer: “The art of asking” – Most of us are afraid of asking for help, don’t be!
- Daniel Kahneman: “The riddle of experience vs. memory” – Very interesting talk by Daniel.
- Emily Balcetis: “Why Some People Find Exercise Harder Than Others” – Can’t get to the gym and don’t sure why? This is for you!
- Dan Buettner: “How to Live to Be 100” – If you want to live a long, successful live, check this out.
- Dean Ornish: “Your Genes Are Not Your Fate” – Dean teaches how to changes your genes to change your fate.
- Nir Eyal: “What Makes Some Technology So Habit-Forming?” – Great talk on how technology and some products “manipulate” our minds
- Guy Winch: “Why We All Need to Practice Emotional First Aid” – This talk is much more interesting than it sounds.
- Shlomo Benartzi: “Saving for Tomorrow, Tomorrow” – It’s easier start tomorrow, not today, right?
- Sandra Aamodt: “Why Dieting Doesn’t Usually Work” – This is fun even if you don’t need a diet.
- Brené Brown: “The Power of Vulnerability” – A talk about human connection.
- Mary Roach: “10 things you didn’t know about an orgasm” – This talk is for adults only! Great research.
- Dan Ariely: “What Makes Us Feel Good About Our Work?” – How to get motivated to work? This talk gives you an answer.
- Nigel Marsh: “How to Make Work-Life Balance Work” – Some of us don’t need to find the balance between work and life. In that case, this talk isn’t for us.
- Amy Cuddy: “Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are” – My favorite TED talk ever!
- Arianna Huffington: “How to Succeed? Get More Sleep” – The importance of sleep, we shouldn’t underestimate this topic!
- Graham Hill: “Less stuff, more happiness” – Talk for all materialists.
- Susan Cain – “The Power of Introverts” – Are you an introvert? Don’t worry, it’s not a disadvantage!
- Shawn Achor: “The Happy Secret to Better Work” – How happiness affects our productivity.
- Julian Treasure: “5 Ways to Listen Better” – Simple ways how to be a better listener.
- Dan Gilbert: “Why are we happy?” – The surprising facts about happiness.
- David Blaine: “How I held my breath for 17 minutes” – Very inspiring, do not try this at home, ok?!
- Simon Sinek: “Why Good Leaders Make You Feel Safe” – How to be a better leader.
- Steven Johnson: “Where Good Ideas Come From”
- Elizabeth Gilbert: “Your Elusive Creative Genius” – How to find your inner genius.
- Tom Wujec: “Got a Wicked Problem? First, Tell Me How You Make Toast” – Talk about how we can solve bigger problems, love it!
- David Kelley: “How to Build Your Creative Confidence” – Every one of us is creative, just find out what is your strength.
- Seth Godin: “How to Get Your Ideas to Spread”
Free Online Courses
Are you tired of all the online courses that cost thousands of dollars and you’re not sure if they’re the right choice for you? Guess what, me too!
I’ve been looking for and researching the best free online courses since 2014.
Here’s the final list.
- SkillShare – Platform with more than 12,000 classes. You can learn about business, culture, writing, photography and much more.
- Eskwelaonline.com – This is an online education targetting Filipinos.
- Traffic1M – 17 Free Lessons to get your first million visitors by Noah Kagan
- Khan Academy – Completely free academy for students, teachers, parents. For all of us.
- Jumpstart your Email list by Bryan Harris – The most actionable advice about building an email list.
- Email1k – 30 day email course from experts who have grown email list over 10,000,000 subscribers by Noah Kagan
- The Email list building course – Nurture More Leads into Customers with This Step-By-Step Marketing Plan from Leadpages
- The Affiliate Marketing System – All the basics about affiliate marketing
- Coursera – Free Online Courses From Top Universities from all over the world
- Ultimate Snapchat Marketing Course – Snapchat is becoming a quite popular, right? Get the latest strategies for free.
- edX – Another great resource the world’s best universities
- Facebook Advertising Course – The ins and out of Facebook Ads
- Curious – Learn something new every day with Video Lessons
- Pinterest Power Free Course – The ultimate guide to getting traffic, leads and clients though Pinterest
- Webinar Funnel Course – Do you want to create a webinar funnel? This free course from LeadPages is the right choice.
- Royalty Free Images – Simple course to find royalty free images for your business
- Primer: No-nonsense, jargon-free marketing lessons (by Google).
- How to get more Instagram Followers for free – In-depth Step by step tutorial on Instagram marketing
- KeepYourFriendsClose: A free e-book about creating your ideal customer avatar and building relationships with your customers.
- Pricing Course: If you don’t know how much you should charge for your next course, check this out.
- Startup Sales Course: A free course to help you close more deals.
- Build an online course: A free course to help you build an online course.
- MailCharts: Another great pieces of advice on email marketing.
- Start a blog: The beginner’s guide to building a successful blog.
- Free Course for people who want to start a startup: As an Audio Podcast or As Online Course
- Startup Talks: A curated collection of startup related videos.
- Mixergy: Learn from proven & successful entrepreneurs.
- Hackdesign: Do you want to learn design? Get weekly lesson into your inbox.
Bill Gates reads one book per week.
He said: “I really had a lot of dreams when I was a kid, and I think a great deal of that grew out of the fact that I had a chance to read a lot.“
Warren Buffett once said: “Read 500 pages every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up like compound.”
Elon Musk was asked how he was able to build so successful business and he replied: “I read books.”
Do you need more reasons to start reading?
- Dotcomsecrets – If you are currently struggling with getting traffic to your website, or converting that traffic when it shows up, this book is for you.
- ASK – Before you sell something to your potential customers, ask them what they really want. This book is one in a million.
- The Lean Startup by Eric Ries. The Movement That Is Transforming How New Products Are Built And Launched
- Invisible Selling Machine – 5 Steps to crafting an automated, evergreen email campaign that literally makes sales while you sleep by Ryan Deiss
- Start With Why by Simon Sinek. A manifesto for those who want to inspire others and for those who want to find someone to inspire them
- Launch by Jeff Walker. An Internet Millionaire’s Secret Formula to Sell Almost Anything Online, Build a Business You Love, and Live The Life of Your Dreams
- Influence: Science and Practice by Dr. Robert B. Cialdini. An examination of the psychology of compliance.
- The Long Tail by Chris Anderson. Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More.
Free eBooks for Entrepreneurs & Startups
We’re lucky. There’re a thousand of free e-books for download. PDF or for Kindle, but the money isn’t problem anymore.
I’ve gathered the best free e-books I’ve read.
- The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- Transform Your Habits+Mastering Creativity by James Clear
- Email The Smart Way by Pat Flynn
- Unleashing the Ideavirus by Seth Godin
- Hubspot – The Marketing Library
- Marketing Guides by Kissmetrics
- Getting Real by 37 Signals
- Learn How to Build a Happy Startup by The Happy Startup School
- EBooks the Smart Way by Pat Flynn
- 279 Days to Overnight Success by Chris Guillebeau
- Breaking The Time Barrier by Mike McDerment and Donald Cowper
- Get More Clarity: Straight Up Startup Advice by Clarity
Tools to Rapidly Grow Your Email List
Every publisher (blogger, writer, entrepreneur) wants to get her message to be seen and heard. But even when they’re working hard and producing great content regularly, they still don’t get the attention they deserve.
Why? Because they’re not building an email list.
Neil patel (QuickSprout.com, NeilPatel.com, CrazzyEgg.com, KissMetrics.com) said: ‘Out of all of the channels I tested as a marketer, email continually outperforms most of them’
Joe Pulizzi (ContentMarketingInstitute.com): ‘If I have one regret, it’s not focusing on building our email list earlier in the process’
Noah Kagan (Sumome.com, Appsumo.com) said: ‘Appsumo is a 7 figure business and 90%+ of our revenue comes from emails’
Ramsay Taplin (blogTyrant.com) said: ‘If my search rankings disappeared, I’d still be able to promote my blog to thousands via email’
Here’s the list with awesome, free and unknown tools for list building.
- AeroLeads – AeroLeads is a Lead generating tool (chrome extension) that helps you find business emails and phone numbers of prospects for your business from LinkedIn
- Sumo – Want to grow your website traffic? Try Sumome. List Builder, Heatmaps, Sharer, Welcome Mat, Scroll Box, Analytics and few others app. They have a free plan!
- GetResponse – Email marketing software. You can try it for 30 days free.
- Gleam – The Business Growth Platform Marketing apps designed to help you grow your business. Create viral giveaway for free.
- SmartBribe – Get free traffic to your site (turn one visitor into three).
- Launch 6 – We provide free online tools to help you get more subscribers, generate more sales, & grow your business.
- WhatCounts – How To Whitelist Email
- Mailshake – Great tool for email outreach
- Anymail Finder – Finally get in touch with anyone. Anymail Finder is trusted by thousands daily to find and verify email addresses of employees at any company.
- QuestionPro – Create Surveys Quickly create online surveys and polls with our intuitive web based software tool. You can create your own survey, copy a professionally written survey template, or upload your survey directly from a Word file. With over 30 question types and dozens of color themes, QuestionPro makes it easy to create great looking questionnaires and surveys.
- ListGoal – ListGoal is a chrome extension. It reminds you what is important every time you open a new tab in Chrome. That’s how many subscribers you have.
- Kingsumo – Grow your Email list with giveaways
- Hello Bar – Convert more visitors into subscribers with HelloBar.
- IntroBar – Welcome and entice visitors from specific sources
Content Promotion Tools & Platforms
Creating an awesome piece of content is just a half the battle. In our online world, there’re more than 2,000,000 blog posts published every day.
Everyone wants to stand out, but the real difference between a few visitors and hundreds or thousands unique visitors is a promotion.
You can choose from a lot of great tools out there for successful promotion.
I’ve chosen the proven ones. (I’ve been using all of these.)
- LeadGrab – Leadrab is a better version of snip.ly. You can build your email list by sharing articles. Love this one.
- Quuu Promote – Awesome tool to get your content viral.
- Flauntt – Simple tool helps to get more exposure on Twitter. And it’s free!
- BuzzSumo – Analyze what content performs best for any topic or competitor. Find the key influencers to promote your content
- Quora – Quora’s mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. Being active on Quora can bring a lot of targeted traffic back to your site.
- SlideShare – Do you love PowerPoint? Are you creating a presentation? Post it to SlideShare and get additional traffic. Slideshare presentations can be posted on your LinkedIn profile as well.
- Snip.ly – A genius tool that turns normal sharing into promotion for your site. Put a call to action with links to your website on every article you share.
- Scoop.it – Whether you want to share your content or find content – Scoop.it makes it easier. Encouraging you to be and making you a more active contributor.
- Launch – Community of designers, developers, & entrepreneurs.
- BuzzBundle – BuzzBundle acts like a would-be social media manager, without the salary. It helps to find online conversations about your company, brand or products and engage with your audience.
- Little Bird – Little Bird helps you to be smarter about connecting with influencers. You can map out influencers in different circles, and make a more targeted approach for outreach.
- ISSUU – ISSUU is a free publishing platform for anything from books to magazines and more.
- Blog Engage – Blogging community where you can contribute and get your content shared.
- Biz Sugar – Another community for sharing niche content. Recommended for small business owners.
Social Media Management Tools To Save Time
Whether you’re using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat, there’re thousands of useful tools to help us stay organize, schedule updates and analyze data.
Nobody wants to spend hours on Social Media, that’s why we all need to get these tools under our belt.
- 👍 BrandMentions – It’s a social media tracking app anyone can use to search any company/keyword on social media and the news.
- Visualai – Create stunning Images for Instagram and schedule them in advance directly from your PC.
- Thunderclap Amplify any message using social media.
- Holr – The simplest way to engage with your followers on Instagram and Twitter with automated messages.
- Buffer is the easiest way to schedule and publish your updates on social media (twitter, facebook, pinterest, instagram, linkedin, google+)
- Hootsuite – Schedule unlimited updates on Social media. (You can use it for free on 5 accounts)
- DrumUp – Chrome extension discovers and helps you share great content to your social media accounts so you can start meaningful conversations with your followers.
- Share Link Generator – Create Facebook share links, Twitter “tweet this” links, Google Plus share links, LinkedIn share links, Pinterest “pin this” links and email “mailto” links that will work anywhere — even inside emails!
- TweetDeck Twitter tools-real-time tracking, organizing & engagement.
- Wondr lets you start a chat session for your Twitter followers
- Manageflitter – Analyze your Twitter followers. Find out when are your followers most active. Follow and unfollow tool.
- Grum – Schedule your Instagram posts from your desktop. There are very little tools that enable schedule posts on Instagram without using a phone.
- Twitonomy – Twitter analytics tool.
- Click To Tweet – Get more shares on your content.
- Rite forge – Auto-Enhance your posts with a click Instant hashtags, images and CTAs – right where you do social. It’s chrome extension.
- Latergram: Easily plan & schedule your Instagram posts.
- WordPress Pin it Button for Images: Add a “Pin It” button.
- SharedCount: Track URL shares, likes, tweets, and more.
- Download Photos – Download whatever photos from Instagram
- Download Videos – Download whatever video you like from Instagram
- Hrefshare – Make users share your stuff using YOUR message. Generate links with your custom content and put them on your website, show on your social profile or send by email. No registration required.
- How Many Shares Count how many shares a URL has across most social networks, all in one place.
- Justunfollow: Easy way to follow / unfollow people on Twitter & Instagram.
- Brand24 – Great way to find out who mentioned you on the web.
- SocialRank – Identify, organize, and manage your followers on Twitter and Instagram.
- Klout – Find out who is an influencer in your industry.
- Ritetag – Do you want to know what hashtag is great for your marketing? Go to Ritetag, they will tell you the exact numbers. (free)
- Cyfe – Web-based software that helps companies bring all their business metrics into one single location.
- Social Analytics – Interactions for a URL on most social platforms.
- Sendible – Sendible is a social media management tool that helps companies and agencies manage their social media presence more effectively.
- Buffer Free Plan – Schedule posts to Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Google+.
- Iconosquare – Iconosquare is a missing analytics for Instagram. Very affordable.
- Bitly – Track and share shortened links.
- Meet Edgar – Instead of publishing your social media updates just once and throwing them away, he carefully catalogs them in a library that you build over time.
- Filament – Get more shares with this free, beautiful and customizable sharing bar.
- Addthis: Get more shares, follows and conversions from your websites. Great alternative to Sumome. They have a free plan.
- Securemysocial – Businesses wishing to protect themselves from information leaks, reputational damage, legal problems, regulatory violations, and other problems that employee usage of social media can create, but need to get this protection without actively monitoring employee accounts or asking employees.
- Sumome Share – Auto-optimizes your share buttons on your website for max traffic. You can see the example of this WordPress plugin on the left. It’s free!
- Digg Digg – All in one share buttons plugin.
- Disqus – If you’re a WordPres user, you know many spammy comments you’re getting. Disqus helps to recognize only real commenters. Build a community of active readers & commenters.
- Babbly – Babbly is a social sharing tool that boosts your content to reach virality. Because we believe your quality content deserves sharing.
- Free Survey Creator: Create a survey. Get user feedback for free. “Customer feedback is singlehandedly one of the most important things you are ever going to get while at your company. As soon as possible your company should be getting feedback from its customers or even potential customers.”
Top Inspirational Business Stories
Especially when we’re starting out something new, some kind of inspiration will always help.
Below you can find some of my favorite articles about incredible business results.
- $10,000 in 24 hours by preselling our product before we built it
- How AppSumo was built for $50
- Why Richard Branson Is the Most Popular Entrepreneur in the World
- The 3 Most Important Questions to Ask Yourself by MindValley
- How To Promote Your Blog Posts To Get 20,109 Social Shares (32 Step-By-Step Tactics)
- How Nathan Barry Made $19,000 on the App Store Learning to Code
- How to Create a Million-Dollar Business This Weekend
- Mixergy Learn from Proven Entrepreneurs.
- How to quickly start a coaching program that makes $500 an hour
- How I Learned Enough Ruby On Rails In 12 Weeks To Launch Freelancify
Best Keyword Research Tool For SEO
Choosing the right keyword for your next article can be the difference between getting tens visitors and thousands of visitors from Google. Choose wisely!
Don’t do this without the right tools.
- Google Trends – Another great tool provided by Google. Find out what content is trending.
- SEMrush – SEMrush is a powerful and versatile, competitive intelligence suite for online marketing, from SEO and PPC to social media and video advertising research.
- Google Keyword Planner – This tool gives you very useful and accurate data for your keyword research. And it’s free!
- Keyword Tool.io – Get 700+ keyword sugestions.
- Longtail PRO – The name it says itself. The best tool for finding longtail keyword.
- Buzzsumo – I’ve been using Buzzsumo to analyze the most successful content of my competitors. It enables to find all people who shared certain content on Twitter. Great for blogger outreach.
- Ubersuggest – Keyword research tool, it’s free.
- Google Analytics – If you have a website, you have to use Google analytics. No questions.
- KWFinder – Find hundreds of hidden keywords with low SEO difficulty in seconds.
- Moz KW Difficulty Tool – The best keyword research and SERP analysis tool to prioritize important keywords, and check keyword difficulty, volume, and competitive metrics.
- Market Samurai – Discover your competitor’s weaknesses with Market Samurai.
- WordTracker – Free alternative to Google keyword tool revealing SEO competition, keyword difficulty, CPC…
- SERPwoo – Monitors the whole SERPs for your keywords and industry while utilizing our 3rd party integrations, social signals, and A.I. Bots to help you dominate your SEO
- GrepWords – Google keyword suggestion tool
- SEOcockpit – Keyword Research Tool & SEO Management Software
- BrightEdge – Keyword guide for beginners.
- 61 Experts Reveal Best Tools For Keyword Research – Very detailed expert roundup about keyword research tools by Robbie Richards
Product News & Startups
‘ Word-of-mouth #marketing has always been important. Now it’s more important than ever with the Internet. ‘ – Joe Polish
The more active you’re in these communities, the more results you will get. It’s one of the most effective ways to promote your content and get massive exposure.
- Triberr – Welcome to Triberr. A community of talented Bloggers and Influencers come together to read and share great content.
- Inbound.org – Stay up-to-date in marketing. Add your favorite blogs in one place.
- Product Hunt – Get updates about new & free products every day.
- Scoop.it – Curate your content on Scoop.it
- Reddit – The front page of the internet —all aggregated on an upvote/downvote system.
- GrowthHackers – GrowthHackers is another great resource for finding, promoting and contributing to great content all based on site growth.
- AngelList – Looking for a job at startups? This is your place. Also great for marketers and startup owners & investors.
- Sumbleupon.com – Discover the latest content & trends in one place. Get additional exposure for your content.
- BetaList – Discover tomorrow’s startups, today.
- Funderbeam – Funderbeam is a primary and secondary market for early-stage startup investments providing easy delivery and access to growth capital.
- Delicious.com – Social Bookmarking Site
- TechCrunch– The latest technology news and information on startups.
- Startup Launch List – Do you want to start a startup? Here’s everything you need to know.
- BetaPage – BetaPage is a startup directory.
- HackerNews – This site is especially for content marketers. HackerNews is a group of people who want to help each other out.
- Technorati.com – Platform to get exposure for your content.
- Create a Magazine on Flipboard – Creating a magazine on Flipboard gives other users the ability to share your content easily while also getting to promote others along the way.
There are a thousand of tasks you want to do every month, maybe more. You can’t do it all yourself.
Focusing on the most important tasks is the key to our success.
The basic stuff can be (and should be!) outsourced.
Here’s the list of sites, where you can find qualified people for your jobs without breaking a bank.
- Fiverr – The marketplace where you can buy almost anything related to business for $5.
- Upwork – Are you looking for web developers? Mobile developers, designers, writers, virtual assistants or sales & marketing experts? Upwork si the place to go. The ultimate marketplace for freelancers.
- AwesomeWeb – Need a Logo Design, Sales pages, Infographics, WordPress Plugins, Online Store, Mobile Apps – AwesomeWeb will help.
- Crew – Create your app, website, logo, or brand with Crew – the perfect companion for your creative project.
- Odesk – Another outsource website for freelancers, IT companies, programmers and web designers from abroad. Great alternative to UpWork.
- Virtual staff finder – The perfect platform for hiring a VA (virtual assistant). The founder of Virtual Staff Finder was featured on the front cover of Issue 13 – Chris Ducker.
- AirTasker – Airtasker is a trusted community platform that connects people who need to outsource tasks and find local services, with people who are looking to earn money and ready to work. From simple to complicated tasks, Airtasker can help you complete your home cleaning, handyman jobs, admin work, photography, graphic design or even build a website.
- MicroJobs – We also have our Filipino powered freelancers. You can get digital services for as low as $3 to 5
The Best Tools for Improving Your Writing Skills
As I mentioned earlier, there’re more than 2,000,000 posts published every day. We’ve assembled tools to help you become a better writer.
Whether you’re writing your tenth book or just starting out.
- Medium a place to read, write, and inspire yourself. If you want to syndicate your content, Medium is place to go.
- Boomerang – Boomerang schedules your emails and sends you reminder notices. It’s Gmail plugin.
- Rapportive – Rapportive enables to see everything about your contacts right inside your Gmail inbox, including a profile picture, LinkedIn data, and social media accounts.
- Penflip – Want to write without distraction? Try Penflip, love this tool.
- Sidekick by Hubspot – I use this plugin for email tracking. You can find out if someone open or click on your email in a real time.
- WordPress.com – If you want to start a blog without paying for hosting and domain name, try WordPress.com.
- The Automatic Kickass Headline Generator by SumoMe – The headline is the most important part of your blogpost, article, book, etc.. Be sure it’s great.
- Easy write – Write clearly using only 1,000 commonly used words.
- Tumblr – Is a microblogging platform and social networking website.
- Ghost – a simple, powerful publishing platform
- Embed Code Generator – After publishing an infographic, be sure to put your embed code below for others to put the infographic on their site linking back to you.
- RecipeWriter – Author recipes. Simple. Beautiful.
- Webpagefx – It’s recommended to put your written text into a READABILITY TEST before publishing.
- Writefull – A tiny tool to help you write better providing feedback.
- Draft – Another tool for better writing.
- Tweak your biz generator – Generate GREAT titles for articles and blog posts. An outstanding title can increase tweets, Facebook Likes, and visitor traffic by 50% or more Just enter your topic and go!
- Grammarly – If you don’t want to pay for an editor, try Grammarly. Love this app, I’ve been using it for a long time. Great tool to correct your writing.
- Readability score – Improve Your Writing! Measure and improve the readability and marketing content of your writing with their exclusive readability and keyword tools!
- Hemingway: Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear. Alternative to Grammarly.
- ZenPen – A minimalist writing zone, where you can block out all distractions and get to what’s important. The writing!
- Full contact – Your Gmail. On steroids. Know everything about your Gmail contacts, right from your inbox. Learn more about your contacts without leaving your inbox. For every email sender, see social profiles and job titles. Scroll through tweets, save time and connect deeper.
- Editorial Calendar – Do you have multiple writers for your blog? Use this plugin.
- Story Wars: Writing stories together.
- WP Hide Post – This WordPress plugin enables you to control the visibility of items on your blog by making posts/pages hidden on some parts of your blog, while still visible in another part.
- Social Locker – Ask visitors “to pay” for your content with a tweet, etc. Great way to get your content shared.
- Egg Timer – Set a specific time for a task and don’t stop until timer finish.
- BlankPage: Writing made simple.
- Wattpad: The world’s largest community for readers and writers.
- Known – Publish your content without a website.
- Wattpad: The world’s largest community for readers and writers.
- CoSchedule: Analyze your headline.
- A5.gg – With this tool is no need to save your written text. Close the window, return and your text will be there.
- Free Summarizer: Summarize any text online in just a few seconds.
- CopyScape – Run this I run my employees’ content (and all SEJ contributors’ work) through CopyScape to check for plagiarism. This is a paid tool.
Free SEO: Complete List + Website Analyzers
Whether you’re experienced entrepreneur or just a wantentrepreneur, getting traffic from Google is essential for every business.
The traffic is free and highly targeted. It’s as hard as it sounds. These tools will help you with SEO.
- Open Site Explorer – Use Open Site Explorer to identify link building opportunities. Research backlinks, identify top pages, view social activity, and analyze anchor text.
- Ahrefs – My favorite tool for SEO and marketing.
- Google PageSpeed Insights – Your site’s loading speed is a ranking factor. Nobody likes to wait many seconds before your site is loaded. Google pagespeed insights will tell you exactly what to do to load your web faster.
- Clicky – Clicky is just like Google Analytics, except it’s easier to use, and you can view how many people are on your site (and what they are doing) in real time! Your first site is free. Pricing: Free for the first 3,000 page views then pricing starts at $10 a month all the way up to $20 a month. URL:
- Quick Sprout – Quick Sprout is the easiest way for you to know what is happening on your website and how to improve your website to grow your traffic.
- Google Mobile-Friendly Test – If you want to rank higher in Google, your site must be a mobile friendly. Otherwise, Google will downrank you. Be sure to use this free tool.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast – This is a must have WordPress plugin for SEO.
- SEO Site Checkup – Find comprehensive search engine optimization (SEO) tools for your site.
- Hubspot Marketing Grader: Find out how strong is your website and marketing.
- SimilarWeb: Analyze website statistics for any of your competitors.
- Check My Links – If you do Broken Link Building (or The Moving Man Method), then you’ll love Check My Links. With a click of a button, this Chrome extension quickly checks any webpage for broken links.
- Alexa Ranking: Analytical insights to analyze any site’s rank.
- Disavow.it – Disavow.it turns your list of spammy URLs into a Google-ready disavow file. Good stuff.
- SERPs Rank Checker: Free keyword rank & SERP checker.
- OpenLinkProfiler: The freshest backlinks, for free.
- SeoPressor – Blog title generator – Get endless suggestion, catchy titles, and other creative blogging topics with our brand new Blog Title Generator!
- Google – Analytics | Keyword Planner | Webmaster Tools | Trends |
- Nibbler – Test SEO, social media, accessibility and technology of any website.
- LinkMiner – Another awesome Chrome extension. LinkMiner takes broken link checking to the next level. You can now find out more about the links you’re checking so you can make smarter decisions, quicker.
- Browseo – Find out how search engines see your website.
- Broken Links – Find broken links, redirects & more.
- Google Pagespeed Insights – Check the performance of your site.
- Pingdom – Test & the load time of a site. Alternative to GTMetrix.
- Open SEO Stats – This Chrome extension shows web rank and SEO stats of current web page, quick access to Geo IP Location, Whois, Alexa, backlinks, indexed pages and more.
- GTMetrix: Analyze your page’s speed performance and find out how to load your web faster.
- XML Sitemaps – Generate Sitemap XML & HTML variants.
Landing / Launch Page
- Leadpages – Whether you want to build landing pages, thank you pages, “coming soon” pages or sales pages – Leadpages is place to go. Easy to use and affordable pricing.
- ClickFunnels – If you want to build a marketing funnel from scratch, ClickFunnels made it very easy. Do you want to find out more about ClickFunnels? Here’s in-depth review written by Marius Kiniulis.
- Launchrock – If you are looking for a coming soon page, check Launchrock.
- Theme Forest – Theme Forest is a huge marketplace for different web themes for anything and everything you could ever want. From blogging themes to e-commerce themes, landing pages to “coming soon” pages, there are a ton of options.
- Instapage – Landing Page Software for Better Marketing. Instapage is built for marketing teams & agencies.
- KickoffLabs – The quick and easy way to build viral campaigns
- Optimizepress – The easy way to create landing pages, sales pages and membership portals inside WordPress. They’re offering one-time pricing.
- Free Landing Pages by Start Bootstrap – There are a minimum free Landing pages providers, Start Bootstrap is one of them.
- Launch Clock – Set a date and stick to it.
- LaunchKit – easier to build, launch, and manage mobile apps.
Tools For Building Strong And Effective Habits
The more (positive) habits, the more quality life. Whether you want to learn a language, start a business or working out in a gym.
It all starts with creating a habit and following it regularly.
- Habit List – Create good habits. Break unhealthy ones. Build a better you.
- Streaks – The to-do list that helps you form good habits.
- RescueTime – Analytics on your daily habits and productivity
- Transform Your Habits – by James Clear — The Science of How to Stick to Good Habits and Break Bad Ones
- Lifetick – Goal Setting. Made Simple. Start achieving your dreams today.
- Habitloop – Build new tiny habits that make a huge difference.
Top Productivity Apps For iPhone and Android 2016
We’ve gathered a list of productivity apps to help you take away unnecessary stress.
It’s not easy to remember all things we should do every day in your work and personal life.
- Five Minute Journal – The Five Minute Journal is one of the simplest ways that I have found to consistently ensure improving my well being and happiness.
- Headspace – Live a happier, healthier life with just 10 minutes of meditation a day on the Headspace app.
- Coach.me – Coach.me is a coach that goes everywhere with you, helping you achieve any goal, form any habit, or build any expertise.
- Habit list – Habit List includes everything you need to reach your goals, wrapped in a beautiful and intuitive interface. It motivates you, helps you stay focused, and keeps you on track.
- Momentum – Form new habits. Simply. Beautifully. Permanently. Momentum is everything you need to get motivated, stay on track, and accomplish your goals.
- Productive – Build good habits. Organize your life. Productive has all the tools you need to build a routine of positive, life changing habits.
- Habitica – Habitica is a free habit building and productivity app that treats your real life as a game. With in-game rewards and punishments to motivate you and a strong social network to inspire you, Habitica can help you achieve your goals to become healthy, hard-working, and happy.
- Pomodoro – Inspired by Pomodoro Technique time management tools, Marinara online timers are customizable to meet your productivity goals.
- IFTTT – IFTTT helps you do more with the services you love. Connect Amazon Alexa, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Fitbit, Slack, Skype, and hundreds more.
- Calendly – Say goodbye to phone and email tag for finding the perfect meeting time with Calendly. It’s 100% free, super easy to use
- Mailbox – Get your email inbox organized.
- Mint.Com – Manage your money, pay your bills and track your credit score with Mint. Now that’s being good with your money
- One Big Thing – Every day, you type in one big thing you want to do. Add a few little tasks you might also want to get done. Check the app during the day to focus on your goals.
- Audible – Download audiobooks to your iPhone, Android, Kindle, or other listening device. Audible has 150000+ audiobook titles including best-sellers and new releases.
- F.Lux – Is your computer keeping you up late? f.lux is free software that warms up your computer display at night, to match your indoor lighting.
- Pocket – One-sentence benefit: Save articles to read for later.
- SwitchIt – Switchit’s digital business card connects all your personal contact information and social networks in one place. We make networking easy!
Generate (Trending) Content Ideas
Do you want to create popular content, but not sure if your idea is going to rush it?
Find out if your idea is trending before you spend hours on creation.
- Portent: Struggling with finding out what’s the right content for your blog or newsletter? Try this content idea generator.
- Google Trends: A new way of displaying trending searches.
- Buzzsumo – Analyze what content performs best for any topic or competitor. As a bonus, you export all people who shared or linked to that content.
- Hubspot Blog Topic Generator – Alternative to Portent.
- Swayy: Discover the most engaging content. Free for 1 dashboard user.
- Others: Google+ What’s Hot | Twitter Trending | Quora | Reddit |
- Ruzzit – Ruzzit allows you to discover videos, images, articles, websites shared the most on the web over the main social networks.
Free Stock Image Sites For Commercial Use
Do you need a high-quality image for your blog, ebook or Social Media update without worrying about violating copywriting rights and spending a fortune?
Use free Stock photo sites listed below.
- Pixabay – Pixabay is my favorite. Whatever image I need, I find it here. Pixabay is my #1 resource of free high quality images.
- Death to The Stock Photo – They’re sending free photos every month into your inbox!
- Barn Images – Find free photos for your website, blog, design, and any other need.
- AllTheFreeStock – A curated list of free stock images, audio and videos. Find all the best free stock images and videos in one place.
- FindA.Photo – They’re providing more than 10,000 stock images completely for free!
- Unsplash – Free High-Resolution Photos. One new photo every day. It’s definitely worth checking.
- Picjumbo – Another great resource of free images.
- Gratisography – Free, use as you please, high-resolution stock photos for personal and commercial projects. All pictures were captured by Ryan McGuire
- Startup Stock – Free stock photos for startup and technology.
- FoodiesFeed – Do you nice food photo? FoodiesFeed is the place to go. More than 1,000 food photos.
- Pexels – Free collection of best free stock photos in one place.
- Skitterphoto – Download free public domain images. Need CC0 photos for your website, blog or magazine? All high quality pictures are available without logging in.
- Jay Mantri – Great alternative to Unsplash. Free pics.
- StockSnap – The #2 source for beautiful free stock photos. High quality and high resolution images free from all copyright restrictions (CC0) – no attribution required.
- Streetwill – Free vintage photos to use any way you want.
- Moveast – This is a journey of a portuguese guy moving east.
- Shutteroo – Free high-resolution travel images from Shutteroo. A collection of stock photos captured by Klaye Morrison. No attribution, no worries
- Stock Up – Great collection of stock photosin one place.
- Life Of Pix – Free stock photos, high-resolution.
- Designers Pics – Free photographs for your personal & commercial use.
- Snapwire Snaps – Every seven days – seven new photos. High quality.
- Tookapic – They believe that every day is worth celebrating. Thousands of people are celebrating life by saving one photo a day. Join them.
- Photo Collections – Free Stock Photography. High Resolution Photography. Use for whatever you want.
- Peekspace – Free Space photography
- IM Free – Free, only high quality, resources for website building & other design projects. Free images, free icons, free templates.
- ISO Republic – Free stock photos for creatives.
- PhotoStockEditor – Free photos for your commercial & personal works.
- Travel Coffee Book – Sharing beautiful travel moments.
- Mazwai – Free creative commons HD video clips & footages.
- Splitshire – Delicious free stock photos.
- Picjumbo – Totally free photos.
- IM Free – A curated collection of free resources.
- The Pattern Library – Free patterns for your projects.
- Stokpic – Totally free photos.
- Kaboompics – The best way to get free photos.
- MMT – Free stock photos by Jeffrey Betts.
- Paul Jarvis – Free high-resolution photos.
- Burst – Free stock photos for you.
- Good Free Photos – Copyright free photos and royalty free photos. (More than 16,000)
- PikWizard– Another free stock photos you can use for your projects
- Font Awesome – The iconic font and CSS framework
- Iconmonstr – Free simple icons for your next project
- GLYPHICONS – Precisely prepared monochromatic icons and symbols
- Material Design Icons – By Google. 750 glyphs as part of the Material Design system icons.
- Smarticons – 800+ free icons for the modern web
- Endless Icons – Free Icon Libary
- PaymentFont – sleek Payment Webfont
- SVG Porn – A collection of svg vector logos for developers
- Makeappicon – Generate app icons of all sizes with a click!
- Themify Icons – 320+ Free Icons For Web Design & Apps
Free Image Optimizers
- TinyJPG | TinyPNG: Compress images.
- Resizepic – Is my favorite tools to resize images.
- Compressor.io – Optimize and compress your images online.
- Kraken – Free Online Image Optimizer.
- ImageOptimizer – Using this free online service, you can resize, compress and optimize your image files.
- Resize Photos – Resize images.
- ImageOptim – Faster web pages and apps. Make images load faster and save bandwidth.
- Smush.it – Image optimizer WordPress plugin.
- Dunnnk – Beautiful mockups.
- InstaMockup – Create beautiful screenshots of your app or website.
Best Free Image Editors
- Canva: Do you want to create a great looking design without skills and spending a lot of money? Use Canva!
- Pixlr: A free online image editor. Enables to fix, adjust, and filter images in a browser.
- Skitch – Excellent tool from Evernote enables to put arrows, call to action and much more on your images.
- Stencil – Ridiculously simple image creation for social media marketers, bloggers, and small businesses.
- Easel.ly – Empowers anyone to create & share powerful visuals.
- Social Image Resizer Tool: Optimize your images for social media.
- Placeit – Free product mockups & templates. I’ve been using it for years.
- Gimp – Easy to use & light version of Photoshop.
- Recite – Turn a quote into a visual masterpiece.
- Meme Generator – The first online meme generator.
- Pablo – Design engaging images for your social media posts in under 30 seconds. Made by Buffer.
- PicMonkey – Edit your images and photos with PicMonkey! Add filters, frames, text, and effects…
Organize & Collaborate
Keep track of every piece of your work with your team. Save amazing article for later use or just write an idea as you’re on the walk.
Organizing tools will help you with all of that and much more.
- Trello – Infinitely flexible. Incredibly easy to use. Great mobile apps. It’s free. Trello keeps track of everything, from the big picture to the minute details.
- Evernote – I’ve been using Evernote for years. All my business ideas and important life task are saved there for later use. You can use it on phone, desktop, online or offline. It’s the workspace for your life’s work.
- Dropbox: Free space up to 2GB.
- Google Drive – Google Drive offers a cloud storage service, known as Google Drive. You can get up to 15 GB for free, but that includes your Gmail archives as well. I personally have 1TB account. All important files are saved there, and I don’t lose them when my harddrive crash.
- Yanado: Tasks management inside Gmail.
- Survey Monkey – Create and publish online surveys in minutes, and view results graphically and in real time. SurveyMonkey provides free online questionnaire and survey tools. This is the ultimate service to survey your audience!
- Drp.io: Free, fast, private and easy image and file hosting.
- Pocket: View later, put it in Pocket.
- Google Hangouts – Simple a free tool to make online video-conference calls.
- Voveet: Simple, free 3D conference calls. Experience the difference.
- FreeBusy: Eliminate coordination headaches when you need to schedule a meeting.
- Witkit: Witkit is the secure platform for teams. 50GB of free encrypted data storage.
- Any.do: Get things done with your team.
- Asana: Teamwork without email.
- GoToMeeting: Online meetings without the hassle.
- Survey Any Place: With today’s technology, there’s no excuse for boring surveys.
They offer ingenious ways to engage people using entertaining surveys.
- Glip – Glip allows users to communicate in real time through various channels, including IM, voice calling, video conferencing, email, and much more, all from a single app that can be accessed via the internet at any time.
Others worth mentioning
- Trademark Learning Center – They have a lot of useful information on how to legally brand and launch a company.
- MilaNote – Mindmapping is one of the most essential activities all entrepreneur must include in their toolbox and MilaNote is a is an easy-to-use tool to organize your ideas and projects into visual boards.
- Audio Jungle – We have used Audio Jungle so many times for different songs we’ve needed for different projects. For instance, our editor found the theme song we use in all our videos and podcasts on Audio Jungle. With literally thousands of songs to choose from in all different categories, finding the right song for your next project should be a breeze if you use Audio Jungle!
- Jing – Jing captures anything you see on your computer screen, as an image or short video, and lets you share it instantly.
- Litmus – Do you want to be sure your email end up in the primary box in Gmail and not in promotion? Send a copy of your email to the address on Litmus and within seconds they’ll show you where your users will read it.
- LICEcap – LICEcap can capture an area of your desktop and save it directly to .GIF (for viewing in web browsers, etc) or .LCF (see below).
- MakeAGif – Learn how to make a gif. Create animated gifs online with our free gif animator in just three easy steps. Upload, Customize, Create.
- SimpleMind Desktop – SimpleMind Desktop is a great Mind Mapper with a focus on simplicity and ease of use. It allows Viewing and Editing Mind Maps created with SimpleMind for iPhone/iPad and SimpleMind for Android – and vice versa. Two editions are available:
- Smart Podcast Player – Grow Your Podcast Engagement Like Never Before Smar Podcast Player accelerates podcast traffic, downloads, and subscriber growth. Created by Pat Flynn.
- Coggle – Great tool (online) for creating and sharing mindmaps. It works online in your browser: there’s nothing to download or install. Log in to start mind-mapping now!
- Last pass – Simplify your life. LastPass remembers your passwords so that you can focus on the most important things in life.
- PushCrew – Bring customers back on your website with website push notifications. I’ve been using it for a month and conversion rate was really low, but a lot of people are successful with push notifications.
- Read Faster – Do you want to read faster? Two or three times? Check this out!
- RenderForest – It provides free tools for everyone to create professional intros, animations, slideshows and music visualizations in minutes.
Now it’s your turn, what’s your favorite tool?
You must log in to post a comment.