Best tips to engage your audience and grow your business.
You can connect your brand with over 660 million professionals across the globe.
Below are 10 ways to help you generate leads, build brand awareness, and establish strategic partnerships on LinkedIn.
Tip No. 1
Keep refining your LinkedIn profile
First impressions are important, and your profile is a great opportunity to impress.
Keeping your profile up to date is one of the most impactful ways to improve your contact rate. It’s not just your brand that your audience is interacting with. People do business with other people, so profiles matter.
- Aim for close to 100% completeness and continually optimize your profile.
- Add new skills, achievements, and examples of your latest work.
- Introduce your personality. Authenticity is as important as experience.
Tip No. 2
Create an effective LinkedIn page
Tip No. 3
Define your audience and goals
Tip No. 4
Optimize your page for search
A well-optimized Company Page can help you gain visibility among the people searching for what your company offers.
- Insert keywords. Incorporate keywords and phrases that potential customers might use to search for your product or service. Include them in the About tab overview, clearly representing who you are and what you do.
- Link to your Page. Links are essential for boosting your search ranking. An easy win here is to link to your Page from your website. Also, make sure the LinkedIn profiles of employees are up to date.
- Share relevant content. Share often. The more frequently you share content your followers engage with, the higher your Page will appear in search results.
Tip No. 5
Grow your page followers
A robust following will give you a relevant audience with every update. There are a few key things you can do to start growing your following now.
- Use a “Follow” button on your site or blog. Follow Plugin Generator.
- Invite your Profile connections to follow your LinkedIn Page.
- Let your employees know your most important Page posts to boost the organic reach.
- Promote your Company Page on emails, newsletters, and blog posts.
Tip No. 6
Publish engaging content on your company page
Post content that your target audience will want to read.
While it can be tempting to sell your audience on the benefits of your product or service, “salesy” content doesn’t generally perform well on LinkedIn.
If there’s one thing LinkedIn members find engaging, it’s a fresh idea. Publishing thought leadership content on your Company Page is one of the most powerful ways to grow your audience.
Naturally, you will want to publish and promote your own content, but it’s also a good idea to share engaging and insightful content from others.
Tip No. 7
Use rich media to increase engagement
Images garner over six times more engagement than text-only content.
Cater to your audience’s craving for visual content by experimenting with different types of rich media content:
- Custom image collages (3-4 images in one post) perform very well.
- Videos should be about 1-2 minutes and should capture attention within the first few seconds. Add subtitles for those watching with the sound off.
- Live video generates 24x more comments than regular video on LinkedIn.
- Documents, like PDFs or PowerPoints, can showcase what makes your brand unique.
- Kudos and team moments can highlight colleagues or employees—a personalized shout-out is always appreciated.
Tip No. 8
Highlight your best content
Boost your content directly in your audience’s feed, using Sponsored Content.
- Attract followers by getting your updates in front of more people
- Use LinkedIn’s comprehensive targeting to reach the right audience
- Use Direct Sponsored Content to test variations of your messaging
- Track the number of leads you are getting from your ads with conversion tracking
Tip No. 9
Create LinkedIn ad campaigns
Reach your marketing goals with more ad options.
You can run a self-service ad campaign on LinkedIn using Sponsored Content, Message Ads, Dynamic Ads, or Text Ads, powered by Campaign Manager, LinkedIn’s all-in-one advertising platform.
Campaign Manager lets you set a budget, select goals (clicks vs. impressions), and have complete control over your campaign’s timeline. In addition, the platform includes several features designed to help you meet your advertising goals.
Tip No. 10
Get advanced with analytics
Find out which content is most compelling to your audience.
There are several ways to drill down into your audiences’ preferences and behaviors on LinkedIn:
- For monitoring and optimizing your LinkedIn Page performance, there’s LinkedIn Page analytics, along with analytics for publishing on LinkedIn.
- Improve your paid campaign performance with help from your LinkedIn Campaign Manager.